Inktober day 1

I've decided to participate in the Inktober drawing challenge this year. I'm probably going to do it fairly loosely--I already technically failed at posting anything on the 1st, due to my weird hours and current lack of scanner--but hopefully I'll manage to at least get all 31 drawings done.

The daily prompt for the 1st was poisonous, and I've decided on a mythology/mythical creatures theme, so I drew a hydra. (Sorry for the terrible quality, I had to take a picture using my surface tablet's camera because, like I said, I don't have a scanner right now. I'll upload a scan when I've got one.)

Hydra for Inktober
This many-headed monster from Greek myth was said to possess deadly poison.
 Since I was feeling inspired by the poison theme, I also drew this quickly (using the tablet this time):

Gas Mask Snake
Tu Eshosh is a spirit-creature in the same vein as Misheth the Spectral, but a lot more dangerous. He/it's got a radioactive bite and aura, and lurks in areas like the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. It's mostly mindless, functioning on instinct.

UPDATE: Scanned version of the hydra:

3 comments:

  1. DUU-U-U-UDE. I'd read a story with gas mask snake spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that hydra looks so much better when you can see the subtleties in each face.

    ReplyDelete